"I am out with lanterns looking for myself." ― Emily Dickinson

hello  |   bookmarks  |   bloglovin  |   browse   |   home

July 25, 2017

To e-reader or not

'levitate fairy' work in progress
I have always love reading actual paper books and I never thought to get an e-reader but now I've changed my mind. Just a little. Okay, maybe a whole lot. To be honest, I don't want yet another gadget to charge like my phone (which I have to charge every couple of days or or else no power) but I was enticed. I like the idea of having tons of books to read all at once in a little gadget.
'I like white gadgets'
I think one of the best reason to have an e-reader is so I can borrow books from the library. And also, in a way, I can test out books and read only the ones I want to continue reading and it also saves on trees or so I think though I doubt I would be saving any actual trees as most books have already been printed but it's a nice thought.

But of course there is the problem of choosing which one. I have read reviews, comparison reviews and such and I'm a little hesitant. I am considering getting Amazon's regular Kindle OR Kindle Paperwhite. I'm leaning toward the regular Kindle but the Paperwhite is kind of enticing with their 300 ppi resolution but since I won't be reading a lot on the e-reader, I wonder if spending more on the Paperwhite version is worth it. Both Kindles are quite similar with battery life, black and white display (It is a bit sad that the book covers will not be in color) and same screen size, etc. but Paperwhite is thought to be the slightly better model.

So which do you think I should get: the regular Kindle or the Paperwhite? Or do you think I should get a different brand?

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. really? I just seem to have this impression that everyone's reading e-books but I guess not.

      thanks for visiting, have a lovely day.

      Delete
  2. I don't have one, as I still prefer flipping through a good old book. If you aren't going to use it that much, maybe the regular will suffice. Warm greetings to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. now that I think about it, I'll probably end up reading more e-books than paper but I'll just keep thinking on this.

      thanks for visiting, have a lovely day.

      Delete
  3. I know more and more people are getting away from paper books, and even though I have a reader, I never actually use it. Give me my paper books so I can grab and touch and love. Hugs...RO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so why did you get the e-reader then? I think I'll probably end up getting one anyway, just so I can have more reading options.

      thanks for your visit, have a lovely day.

      Delete
  4. I think for what you want it for just get the regular Kindle. I was the same as you and fought the rise of e-readers until my husband bought me one a few years ago. Now I wouldn't be without it as for travelling and commuting it is invaluable. I can take hundreds of books on holiday with me and it doesn't affect my luggage allowance. I still buy paper books as well, I just have the option of both. Good luck with whatever you decide and have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like the idea of having hundreds of books in one small device, so I'll probably get the kindle and still read paper books.

      thank you for stopping by, have a lovely day.

      Delete
  5. I like paper books too but I like checking books out of the library to read in my browser or on my phone. I use overdrive to read on my computer and kindle on my phone to read when I'm out. I love the illustration for this. Perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't like reading on a phone or on a computer so I think an e-reader is actually still better than those.

      thank you for stopping by, have a lovely day.

      Delete

"To practice any art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow. So do it." -- Kurt Vonnegut