June 11, 2017

Some blogging confessions

'coffee, tea or whine'
I used to do Sunday Confessions which is basically confessing thoughts on whatever is on your mind so today, I thought I share some blogging confessions:

01/ On occasions, I worry that I'm losing readers (which I probably am because I keep changing urls) and so I try to write more posts but I usually ended up not using them because I think they aren't good or I simply didn't want to post them. I guess I still crave approval from people even though I've blogged so long. It's sort of a back and forth thing - sometimes I want people to read my blog and sometimes I just don't care if no one visits. But to have someone say how much they like your work or words or even a hint that they enjoy visiting your blog, is every blogger's hope, right?

02/ I do a lot of thinking (& sometimes panicking) before posting something because there's always a little fear when it comes to hitting that publish button, even if I can revert the post to draft, at least one person read it or so I imagine & I couldn't really take back what I said.

03/ I edit my posts about a hundred times before posting and still, I make corrections after it's posted, I know other people do it too but for me, it's one of those terrible habits that I'm sure I won't ever break.

04/ I recycle photos/artworks & I'm not sorry because I like my photos/artworks and I don't mind showing them more than once though people still forget even when I show a piece many times before plus I often have several versions of a photo/artwork (like the artwork above) and it's a shame not to use them.

05/ I don't actually watch video blog posts because frankly, I don't like to watch bloggers talk instead of posting text though if you posted a video about your art process or something funny, I would watch it.

06/ I don't read blogs with white/light color text on dark color background & not because the content is not interesting enough but mostly my eyes just refuse to like reading blogs formatted that way. And if I want to read such blog, I would sometimes highlight the text which can sometimes result in reverse colors and easier to read.

07/ It's important that my blog doesn't look like a mess because I think my blog should reflect me or the side of me that I want to present - clean, clear, uncluttered, lots of spaces & free of flowery decorations. I guess it's the graphic designer in me but I really do not like clutter in a blog. Though I sometimes fancy having a brightly, sparkling blog with beautiful/cute/funny images that links to nowhere.

How about you? Anything to confess about your blogging habits?

9 comments:

  1. Interesting confessions here thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. is it? I sort of think so.

      thanks for stopping by, have a lovely day.

      Delete
  2. Interesting confessions! I very seldom read book reviews. I'm with you on black backgrounds all the way! I skim through a preview of my post one time before I publish. When I write, I just write. No qualms pushing the button.
    Visit me @ Life & Faith in Caneyhead. 😉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I have your kind of attitude, I guess I think too much when I post something.

      thanks for stopping by, have a lovely day.

      Delete
  3. I confess that I am a cluttered mess in real life and in a way my blog is too. I always enjoy your art and commentary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no, your blog seems rather uncluttered to me, but I don't think people are as messy as they think they are.

      thanks for stopping by, have a lovely day.

      Delete
  4. This was a really fun to read post, Lissa. I suspect all of us can relate to some of these points.

    1. You've likely hit it on the head--changing your URL WILL inevitably result in lost viewership. At least you know it and are willing to count the cost.
    I don't worry about viewership on my blog but more so, my Instagram as that is the one I can;t figure out how to increase followership! Lol. i should not care but do b/c i see so many horribly done IGs and yet they have so many followers and not all of that is purchased.

    2. and 3. That panic is something you feel more, I know, but I honestly don't deal with that. It is more re-posting from all my typos as while I am an excellent speller and have good grammar, I keyboard horribly! lol.

    4. I don't do that but love that you do and for you it makes sense as you create way more work! Also, i love seeing your revisions or when you add colour to pieces, etc. This is one of my favourite things about your blog, actually, and why, like today, i go back to it to see if I've missed anything like that since last time here. :)

    5. I rarely watch videos too and whenever I post one, I expect maybe only one or two will look at a link but that is OK, it is more for my recall later anyway.

    6. I'm the exact same way there and totallly highlight text too if I want to read such. I find most site with black backgrounds depressing but there are some photography sites where it makes sense but I woudl always rather read or see art than photos. Yours might be the exception to the rule there though, must admit.

    7. I 100% agree with you there too. Also, I have to restrain myself from critiquing someone else's blog that is horribly formatted or has so many competing items, or massive images that one can't see all on one screen, etc. I realise though that sadly, not everyone is a designer or even cares! lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. #2 & 3 - I actually do spellcheck a whole lot before posting as I'm a bad speller, perhaps you just need to spellcheck?

      #7 - it's true, there are a lot of wonderful blogs that just aren't designed well but you know, sometimes content is just too good that I ignore how bad looking some blogs are.

      thanks for visiting, have a lovely day.

      Delete
    2. I have spellcheck on but usually my typos are beyond that and for some reason, don't see them until I publish! lol

      Delete

"To practice any art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow. So do it." -- Kurt Vonnegut

This blog is powered by Blogger, fairytales, sleeping princes, moon cakes, express trains, faraway friends, a lost memory, a princess dragon, cold weather, the color mint, friendly giants, and the rain. Thank you for visiting & have a lovely day.