"I am out with lanterns looking for myself." ― Emily Dickinson

hello  |   bookmarks  |   bloglovin  |   home

June 19, 2017

Mystery Blogger Award

Tamara at Part-time Working Hockey Mom nominated me for the Mystery Blogger Award. According to Okoto Enigma the creator of the award, The Mystery Blogger Award "is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts" which could mean I'm an amazing blogger or not but I'll accept it anyway. Thank you Tamara. Go here to enjoy Tamara's humorous and honest take on being a hockey mom.

The rules from creator Okoto Enigma (check out her blog here) - as the text is protected, I can't copy the text which pretty much defeats rule #2 - am I expected to type it out? not me, so here's a screen capture:
Mystery Blogger Award rules
"I am selfish, private and easily bored. Will this be a problem?" — Neil Gaiman, A Study in Emerald 
I'm suppose to tell you 3 things about me:
(1) I'm slim and tall. No, that's not true. I'm mid-slim and mid-tall.

(2) My favorite color is mint or rather mint blue. It used to be just blue but for some odd reason, I just began to like mint blue.

(3) I work as a graphic designer which pretty much means I do what people tell me even if I have to make something brown when it looks better in every other color. Okay, it's not always that way. I have some control, sort of.


girl drinking cup/brooklyn bridge/girl in the rain
Here are links to my best posts: I don't know what my best posts are as the rule doesn't say what is the criteria involve for choosing such but I'm going to go with three of my favorite posts:
(1) Some blogging confessions

(2) Morning commutes and traveling pandas - a short fiction

(3) Maroon - one of my art work


Here's the 5 questions from Tamara for me to answer:
(1) How did you decide to start your blog?
On a whim or maybe someone inspired me to do it.  I can't remember which but does it really matter?

(2) If you were a fruit, which would you be and why?

A pineapple because the outside is a bit prickly and the inside is kind of not, sort of what I am like.

(3) Show me your favourite purse / bag / backpack!
I have no favorite. I find any bag I carry at the moment is a favorite because it holds my things so I wouldn't have to hold them in my hands.

(4) Chicken or Beef?
Chicken and mostly because I don't like beef unless it's a hamburger with a lot of ketchup but I hardly get to eat those these days.

(5) What are three of your best traits? - this is rather hard as I seem never able to come up with anything worth mentioning but I'll try:

(A) my quietness or maybe my non-talkative-ness which is probably not a trait but more of an attitude?

(B) my ability to multi-task which really means I can do more than two things at once though I still cannot pat my head and rub my stomach at the same time. Can anyone?

(C) the ability to read a book from beginning to end though sometimes I sort of skimmed if the book is pretty bad.


 “Ask us no questions and we’ll tell you no lies.”― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
I don't think I'll be nominating anyone as I couldn't possibly choose among my 200+ favorite bloggers on my reading list and also because I'm lazy. But here's 5 silly and perhaps dumb questions for you. Do feel free to answer them in the comments or in your own blog.

(1) What tv show or shows you love to watch but is little embarrassed to tell people that you love them?

(2) If you have a choice to be someone else for a day, who would it be?

(3) Name a book you've read that you thought you were going to love but you ended up hating it.

(4) If you're the smartest person in the world, what mystery or mysteries would you want to solve?

(5) Where do bloggers come from? Do they come from some magical land and or do they just fell out of the sky?

So I didn't quite follow the rules but it's okay. There's no rule about following rules is there? Thanks for reading & have a lovely day.

9 comments:

  1. I'm thrilled that you chose to go through with this!

    I remember the Panda post, that was fun!

    Pineapple is one of my favourite tropical fruits. You're right, the prickly outside is a pain to work with, but the result oh so sweet and juicy! Have you ever tried grilled pineapple? Super delicious!

    Interesting questions, especially number 5. I'll think about it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. nope, haven't tried grilled pineapple but it sounds like a nice idea.

      the questions, I like to make up weird ones just to throw people off or maybe to sound interesting, honestly, it's a bad habit that I'm sure I really rather not break.

      thanks for stopping by, have a lovely day.

      Delete
  2. I love your artwork. Blue is my favorite color, too. I haven’t found a shade of blue that I dislike yet.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think blue is everyone's favorite color, well, probably not true but I don't think there's anyone who dislikes blue.

      thanks for stopping by, have a lovely day.

      Delete
  3. Haha, I have wonder what exactly is mid tall? So, are you on the tall side barely or do you mean average height. I picture you about 5'6" which is on the taller side I suppose.

    As a graphic designer, do you work for an agency or as an insider within another kind of company, maybe a marketing dept which is more what I do?

    This was a fun read, Lissa. Thank you. I have read those three top posts before, of course, and agree those are good also, amazingly, I remembered that mint blue is your favourite colour currently. If you had not told me, I might have guessed yellow as a 2nd option. :)

    OK, great questions. I'll play! (It's the only time I ever answer questions on a blog anyway so thanks for the opportunity...)

    (1) What tv show or shows you love to watch but is little embarrassed to tell people that you love them?
    Previously I would have said David Tutera's "My Fair Wedding" but that is not on anymore so then I would have to say, "Paranormal Lockdown," "A Haunting" and "Supernatural"! Others I like when on were/are the Marvel ones, "Jessica jones," "Luke Cage" and now, "Iron Fist." My favourite all time TV shows though remain "Battlestar Galactica (the re-imagined series)" and "Downton Abbey"!! As I don;t have cable, we jsut purchase them for download.

    (2) If you have a choice to be someone else for a day, who would it be?
    Some alive on earth? Hmm.... that is hard. Maybe Charlize Theron? If anyone who ever lived then who better than Jesus?

    (3) Name a book you've read that you thought you were going to love but you ended up hating it.
    Most of the Shakespeare books! Oh ok, well that does not count as I knew I would not love it so will say, "Blink."

    (4) If you're the smartest person in the world, what mystery or mysteries would you want to solve?
    I think the greatest mysteries could never be solved by smarts, as in using quantifiable data, life life after death and such but other than that, maybe I would like to solve what truly is gravity, or more so, why or how it ever got there? As wikipedia describes..: "Gravity is most accurately described by the general theory of relativity (proposed by Albert Einstein in 1915) which describes gravity not as a force, but as a consequence of the curvature of spacetime caused by the uneven distribution of mass/energy. The most extreme example of this curvature of spacetime is a black hole, from which nothing can escape once past its event horizon, not even light."

    (5) Where do bloggers come from? Do they come from some magical land and or do they just fell out of the sky?
    Fall out of the sky? no, they fall off the earth and disappear into some virtual reality world like here!

    OK, now we want to hear your own replies to your questions!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. mid-tall means not tall at all, under five feet.

      I work for a small consulting firm that does design work on the side, nothing special.

      my favorite color was blue, then it was yellow for a time and now it's mint blue or rather just mint.

      have a lovely day.

      Delete
  4. Here's my answers to my questions:

    (1) What tv show or shows you love to watch but is little embarrassed to tell people that you love them?
    "Martial Law" - an old show that ran for only two seasons starring Sammo Hung as a Shanghai cop transplanted to Lost Angeles & even though they changed casts (removing Louis Mandylor from the cast was a terrible decision) & it's little campy, I still love watching it. I'm not completely ashamed to admit it. And there are tons of mystery/cop shows that I could mention but I can't remember them now so...

    (2) If you have a choice to be someone else for a day, who would it be?
    Anyone who is tall and healthy or someone who is in very good shape because I'm never in good shape so I would like to know what that is like.

    (3) Name a book you've read that you thought you were going to love but you ended up hating it.
    'The lost kingdom of Bamarre' by Gail Carson Levine. I sort of wish I had loved it. I mean, I guess I sort of expected the magic (like the 7-league boots which was used but not quite) to be more there or that there would be more adventure. I was so bored by how much nothing was happening or advancing plus I was little annoyed with how the protagonist keeps whining about her predicament, I started to hate her. I admit, I skimmed a little. I don't hate the book completely but I was rather disappointed.

    (4) If you're the smartest person in the world, what mystery or mysteries would you want to solve?
    I would solve everything - diseases; missing socks; how to make junk food that taste great and are good for you; how to exercise without actually exercising; you know, all the important stuff.

    (5) Where do bloggers come from? Do they come from some magical land and or do they just fell out of the sky?
    I think bloggers come from all sort of places preferably places where people get to laugh and dream and aren't told they can't blog because they aren't good enough. Or maybe bloggers did fell from the sky like raindrops that somehow become human and then decides to blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the Mystery Blogger Award! :D You've got ingenious posts because they're original, fun and your style.
    Haha, I like your spirit animal (or, well, fruit) - pineapple. I kinda feel like a pineapple sometimes. Now that I've looked at the word long enough, I'm analyzing why someone thought a pineapple looked like a pine and an apple lol.

    And too answer your questions:

    (1) What tv show or shows you love to watch but is little embarrassed to tell people that you love them?
    Lots of TV shows. Basically any CW show I've seen lol. Like I once watched a Tarzan CW show that got canceled on youtube. It was hilariously terrible but I watched all the episodes. Sometimes I'm reluctant to tell people in real life that I watch K-dramas... becuz they always say, "oh soap operas" lol. Then I feel like I'm watching daytime soap operas.
    (2) If you have a choice to be someone else for a day, who would it be?
    Wowzers. I dunno. Maybe someone from another country/culture so I could experience what their life would be like and learn things I never knew.
    (3) Name a book you've read that you thought you were going to love but you ended up hating it.
    The third book in The Selection Series by Keira Cass. I just expected more but then when I read the final book I realized the whole story was built on basically nothing. And it was boring too.
    (4) If you're the smartest person in the world, what mystery or mysteries would you want to solve?
    How the pyramids were made? Some crazy universe secrets? Cures for diseases - since you mentioned it. I'd like to think I would have thought of it too, but I have no idea lol.
    (5) Where do bloggers come from? Do they come from some magical land and or do they just fell out of the sky?
    Bloggers are mermaids that swam to far away from their magical land in the sky and fell to earth where they became human and decided to communicate with the world through the Ocean of the Internet. lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the same with korean dramas, they are soap operas in a way but I simply refuse to accept that because korean dramas are not just soap operas.

      I haven't read the selection series but you're right, some series just don't end well.

      bloggers are all types of people so mermaids, why not?

      thanks for stopping by, have a lovely day.

      Delete

"To practice any art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow. So do it." -- Kurt Vonnegut