"I’m restless. Things are calling me away. My hair is being pulled by the stars again." ― AnaΓ―s Nin

Hello, is this me?

June 6, 2017
hello...
I just updated my hello/introduction page with this new art which I totally adore. Is it okay to adore your own work? Working on this piece made me think about self image and the web. As a blogger and a web user, I can use any image to represent me on the web. So I usually end up using a drawing I've done.

I used this piece for my hello/introduction page because there are many things that are true here:
01 - I do wear eyeglasses and they are black rimmed but I don't wear them all the time
02 - my hair is currently at this length but it's not pink but I do sort of want it to be like this
03 - my skin is sort of this hue but it's not smooth or clear
04 - my eyebrows are that thick but not this neat
05 - my eyes are brown but just a bit darker shade and smaller
06 - my nose might look like this but perhaps not as free of spots
07 - my fingernails are short but they're never painted in any bright colors
08 - I have pierced ears but not seven holes nor do I wear earrings often
09 - I hardly wear such bright color shirts but I owned a few of them
10 - I do like chocolate milk & books

So do I consider this art me? Yes and no. As much as I would like to say this is how I look, this isn't quite true. This is more like a representation of me, perhaps an image of what I like to present as myself. Art is really the only way I'm comfortable showing my face, well, a face that might appear to be me even if it doesn't look like me.

How about you? How do you represent yourself visually on the web: with a photo of your headshot, a drawing, an image of a flower, a picture of your dog or just any old image?
9 comments on "Hello, is this me? "
  1. I adore your picture and your intro! I think you represented the inner you in the picture, and I find her lovely. I have been using a caterpillar most everywhere on the web the past year to match my blog template. I seldom use my real name online either. This is part of hubby & I's internet agreement.
    Visit me @ Life & Faith in Caneyhead. πŸ˜‰

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. your catepiller is cute and looks good. I also seldom use my real name though these days it seems you have to use your real name in everything. it's kind of hard to keep your privacy.

      thanks for your visit, have a lovely day.

      Delete
  2. I think it's adorable too.😊 Your insights on how you perceive yourself were interesting too.

    I love chocolate milk too but not from a cow.😊

    PS: I have a new haiku eBook out and a new author's website, hope you'll check them out soon. Haiku Reflections III

    I enjoyed your review of my previous poetry eBooks at Amazon, thanks again.😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I rarely drink chocolate these days but I do sort of like it not from cow either.

      thanks for your visit, have a lovely day.

      Delete
  3. It is a beautiful painting that I will accept as you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, I also accept it's me, sort of

      thanks for your visit, have a lovely day.

      Delete
  4. Yes, I like that, and it is a gorgeous piece of art. I think it perhaps represent the inner you as someone noted. I expect you have dark black hair for one!

    I go back and forth showing my photo as people like to see the person behind the art but after a while the profile photo looks old or in my case, I happen to be really photogenic so usually look way better in photos than real life so I never feel that comfortable with it. I know, a weird twist on things. Also, not my hair is going grey though, when the sun shines on it, it looks waaay greyer than it really is which looks pretty dark still with white hairs showing. LOL. I have never done an art piece of me as I don't like drawing me, let alone myself! lol again.

    Great post here, Lissa. I'm going to go read your updated intro page now. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we're all a bit self conscious when comes to showing our photo on the web. I know I only posted one photo of me once and I still don't like quite like the photo. it's just much easier to draw myself or a representation of myself than to actually post a photo.

      thanks for visiting, have a lovely day.

      Delete
    2. I meant to say, I don't like drawing MEN! lol

      Delete

"To practice any art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow. So do it." -- Kurt Vonnegut