"For my part I know nothing with any certainty, but the sight of the stars makes me dream." ― Vincent Van Gogh

hello      bookmarks      browse      bloglovin      home

June 4, 2017

Changed but still the same

girl at desk with cup of tea
You may have noticed that when you go to my blog here: http://lastraingirl.blogspot.com/, it redirects here to this new address: https://rainswept7.blogspot.com. Same blog, new url. The reason for the change is to match the name with the url though not quite because there is a 7 there as someone else had claimed the name 'rainswept. I'm not quite sure this redirecting would works on every browser as I only tested on Firefox and Safari, so far, it works. Plus, I always leave a notice to the new place in the previous blog so hopefully my readers can find me.

The reason for the change is to match the name with the url though not quite because there is a 7 there as someone else had claimed the name 'rainswept.' And the second reason is because I wanted to. Perhaps those are not good excuses to change but no matter. It's my blog, if I want to change, it's my business though it is sort of other people's business if I want them to continue to follow me. I know I should just get a url and stick to it but I don't know. I just can't seem to stay in one place. I don't know why that is. But sometimes, change is good right?

How about you? Do you plan on moving to a new blog address or do you prefer staying in the same place since you started blogging?

16 comments:

  1. I hardly ever change anything much, maybe that's not a good thing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's not bad to stay in one place, your readers stays steady as well, I think, most of my readers aren't around anymore

      thanks for stopping by, have a lovely day.

      Delete
  2. Change can definitely be good. I've never changed my blog url. Never really thought about it. I like my name anyway and I already have a twitter with that name and it sounds too difficult to change at this point lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not on twitter so it's not a problem, though I find most people's twitter names don't match their blogs though.

      thanks for stopping by, have a lovely day.

      Delete
  3. The fewer changes, the better. Once you got your links out there in other social media it gets tricky to switch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess that's not a problem with me as I'm not on any social media, I call this blog my social media place.

      thanks for stopping by, have a lovely day.

      Delete
  4. First, I will say the redirect worked fine with the Google Chrome browser. Second, I adore your illustration!

    My blogger address is the name of my blog, so no plans to change. I currently have no plans to leave blogger for another platform, either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for letting know about chrome. sometimes it's hard to tell if anything works, what's with different platforms, browsers and people viewing on their phones and such.

      thanks for stopping by, have a lovely day.

      Delete
  5. Love your picture today Lissa, the colours are beautiful. Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you & thanks for stopping by, have a lovely day.

      Delete
  6. I am glad you leave a redirect notice.
    I have never changed addresses.

    Such a wonderful piece of art!I have not had time for art lately. Have been moving everything out of the wee cabin to have a new floor put in, which starts today. Wahoo. But so much work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't do social media so a notice is needed plus, how else people know I've moved?

      the art is a redo and done in april, so no new pieces except for 'The Beast's Library' piece posted a few days ago.

      good luck with your floor. have a lovely day.

      Delete
  7. This is such a lovely addition to your always special work. Wonder what's between the covers of those many books?
    Mary -

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks. this piece is not actually a new piece. if you're looking for my scribble picnic book piece, it's one of the older posts, just scroll down.

      thanks for stopping by, have a lovely day.

      Delete
  8. Haha, I have to chuckle at your changing URLs so much and blogs-- worse than Alex as she doesn't usually change the URL too.

    I have contemplated changing my URL to "adottyhill.blogspot.com" (adding the "a" in front) as people keep thinking my name is "Dotty" which funnily enough, never occured to me as name, but rather referring to something a little funny and different-eccentric almost, as in someone is dottyheaded. Oh well. I need to add a redeirect with "a" added but have yet to do that.

    Also, I wish I could jsut use my name but two problems there: 1. My son has the same name so as with my instagram before, people who are his friends think I am him and send me notes which are for him, not me! and 2. There is already a michaelmacvean out there who is on websites and blogs who is a furniture designer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Alex is smart for not changing url's, my bad habit is that I change too often.

      I do like the name 'dotty hill' (or was it 'dotty little hill') but I've never thought your name as dotty. I don't see any reason to add the 'a' in the name but if you want to, then you should.

      a furniture designer you say? I haven't come across that michael but I think it's kind of nice to have someone with your name and with them doing different things.

      thanks for visiting, have a lovely day.

      Delete

"To practice any art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow. So do it." -- Kurt Vonnegut