April 30, 2017

April A-Z : Zodiac

'Aquarius'
Zodiac : a pseudoscience claiming divination by the positions of the planets and sun and moon
Aquarius : the 11th sign of the zodiac in astrology
― The Free Dictionary

My zodiac sign is Aquarius for those who are born from January 20 — February 18. It's really hard to decide what to believe about zodiac signs but what I found out about Aquarius are these: (1) they are very independent ; (2) they are always confident in all they do ; (3) they love the company of people and are very friendly ; (4) they like to lead instead of follow ; (5) they are unpredictable ; (6) they are very creative, imaginative ; (7) they are innovative, spontaneous, affectionate, honest...

In other words, they can be anything. I have stopped reading my horoscope because it's mostly wrong but it's nice to think I am a bit associated with all Aquarius or Aquarians, the more correct term. A few famous Aquarius who shares my sign are: Charles Dickens, James Joyce, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, Toni Morrison, Babe Ruth, Rosa Parks, Oprah Winfrey, Edith Wharton, Laura Ingalls Wilder, Virginia Woolf...

Do you believe in the qualities of your Zodiac sign?

To visit other participants in the April A-Z Challenge, go here


Strange thoughts on the A-Z Challenge  

A-Z Challenge moods
'three moods during the A-Z Challenge"
I present to you these strange thoughts that came when I read the comments people left about their A-Z posts :

01/ my husband the dinosaur

02/ build a better dog

03/ today a talking cat

04/ E is for elephants, echoes, easy bake ovens and getting run over by eskimos

05/ I love equality

06/ annoying things to do on your day off

07/ facebook patties and fatties

08/ stupid goats!

09/ a slight bit of chaos is necessary

10/ plans for the future : don't yell at your plants
'three more moods during the A-Z Challenge'
So how did you do on the A-Z Challenge?

18 comments:

  1. My sister and my granddaughter are both Aquarius. I'm Leo, my husband Scorpio or Libra depending on the year. I don't put a lot of stock in the daily blurbs in the paper and rarely see much of me reflected in the description of Leos, but I know some Leos where it's bang on! Find me here. LINK

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am Aries. I have stopped reading horoscopes too. It was quite fun to read it with friends while I did ...
    Congrats on finishing the challenge!
    I enjoyed reading your post.
    Thanks for sharing :)
    Zodiacs
    Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful aquarius painting Lissa! I think the signs are fun, but don't really believe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’m a Pisces, but I don’t believe in all the zodiac stuff. Usually my horoscope is completely wrong. Congrats on finishing the challenge!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a scorpio, and those who know me are not surprised that's my sign.

    I made it through the challenge, and found it a lot of fun. More blog traffic for sure.

    Phillip | Z is for Zines Zoinks! I made it to the end!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I believe there is more to astrology than just the zodiac. Think ascendant, houses, planets, etc.
    They say the qualities of your zodiac is what you live "inside", and what people perceive about you comes from the ascendent's qualities.
    My brother is an Aquarius like you. I can confirm creative, friendly and super helpful to an extend that he looks after everybody's needs but his own.

    Congratulations on completing a fabulous A-Z challenge!
    See you on Thursday?

    PS: I understand there is going to be a "recap post" to reflect on this year's A-Z on May 8?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know about Top Ten Thursday but I'll see.

      I didn't even know about the A-Z recap post, don't remember doing that last year... what else is there to recap anyway?

      have a lovely day.

      Delete
  7. Gorgeous gorgeous art Lissa. Congratulations on finishing the challenge! I love playing (this is my 3rd year), but it really is a crazy busy time and I never get as much done as I'd like. But now that things are winding down, I'll have time to come back and relish your posts - which I guarantee I'll do. BTW, I'm a Cancer with a Scorpio moon, and Scorpio rising, and I think I fit the profile quite closely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your mood tryptichs. I've gone through a few of those.

    For me, the Zodiac is simply the constellations along the ecliptic. Unfortunately, nobody ever posts horoscopes for those born under Ophiuchus.

    Her Grace, Heidi from Romance Spinners

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good post. I am Pisces but haven't read a horoscope in many years. They all seemed to say "Good things are coming your way as soon as the bad thing happens. Remain open to possibilities but keep the door closed. Today you will meet someone you will love forever - stay away from new people." Or that's how I remember them anyhow.

    I will have to go back and read your previous posts. Congratulations on completing the A to Z!

    Emily | My Life In Ecuador

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am Sagittarius. At one stage of life, I would look at the horoscope section of the newspaper first thing in the morning and that would decide the fate of my day. But not any more. I read them now occasionally just for fun. :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm a scorpio and my horoscope tended to be more accurate when I was younger. I love your z illustration. I always like your illustrations for that matter.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lissa,

    I haven't read my horoscope in years. I stopped believing and associating with my birth sign, The Sagittarius, long ago. I think with any birth sign there it's mostly coincidences. If you can separate it for what it is then it can be fun reading and nothing more. Congrats on completing the A2Z challenge!

    ~Curious as a Cathy
    Art Sketching Through the Alphabet “Z”

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm a capicorn but I don't follow astrology. Congratulations on finishing the challenge. Girl Who Reads

    ReplyDelete
  14. Don't believe in Astrology, Aquarius? Why am I not surprised...?

    The problem with published horoscopes is that they are very general. Astrology is more of a roadmap to one's life, but one's full horoscope must be taken. I've dabbled.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am an Aquarian, and it's a really rare one that I don't find awesome. Most (nothing is every all or nothing) are independent, freedom loving, people loving, and a bit unpredictable (ok, moody). They are also the dreamers, to doers, and the believers.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats on surviving, Lissa. I'm wandering through your posts now having discovered you late in the game when I had no wifi access. But I've got access now!

    Virgo here, but I know nothing more than that.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Jan 20th is often Capricorn too so I am on what they call the "cusp" being both/and/or Capricorn and Aquarius, depending on where you read.

    ReplyDelete

"To practice any art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow. So do it." -- Kurt Vonnegut

This blog is powered by Blogger, fairytales, sleeping princes, moon cakes, express trains, faraway friends, a lost memory, a princess dragon, cold weather, the color mint, friendly giants, and the rain. Thank you for visiting & have a lovely day.