April 25, 2017

April A-Z : Unpopular Since 2006

Unpopular Since 2006

Unpopular : a title I happily accepted and easily ignored but it often shows up when I think it's gone forever...
— According to me

Every April I celebrate the month that I started blogging by making two lists. This one is called 'Unpopular Since 2006' or this other title, 'My lazy blogging ways':

01/ Be unsociable: Skip out on all social networking - this includes Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and whatever other media that usually drives you to insanely tap the keys of your multifunctional phone just to keep up.

02/ Move a lot: repeatedly move to new url's to start fresh even if you lose a lot of readers and maybe even a little bit of your security of being in the same place.

03/ Be unconventional: Follow blogs through the most unconventional way - by going to their blog and reading it.

04/ Lose confidently: Don't bother chasing back the readers that have left you. They're gone and probably won't return unless they happen to find you again accidentally.

05/ Forget you have a blog: Don't try to remember what your brain wants to forget but occasionally, you will remember your blog and perhaps you will post something there.

06/ Refuse to conform: Post things nobody cares about or have any interest in but you.

07/ Answer only if you want to: Reply to questions/comments if and when you feel like it.

08/ Be nosy: Ask questions that may or may not drive people crazy. You may make a friend or an enemy, in which case, you'll probably want to move to a new url or perhaps get witness protection.

09/ Keep things long: Post long posts that somehow doesn't get read.

10/ Post at irregular times and sometimes not all: Only post when you want to or when you suddenly remember you have a blog.

What do you do that makes you & your blog unpopular?


Note: This list is updated from the 2016 list which had been updated from the 2013 lists which apparently wasn't updated from any previous list that I can find but probably did come from somewhere.

To visit other participants in the April A-Z Challenge, go here

15 comments:

  1. Good list. And you say it works? I like "Answer only if you want to". That definitely works on me, when I comment and get ignored. Yeah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of the above expect move around a lot? :)

    I've always been a bit of an unpopular one and the thing is, I don't care. I am okay with who I am, what my blog is and what I do with life.

    Your unpopular list is pretty much the best.

    Once Upon a Time

    ReplyDelete
  3. I checked off quite a few of these - does that mean I'm unpopular, too? LOL! Great list!
    Lisa / Tales from the Love Shaque

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nosy questions are fun. It's the inane, typical questions that drive me crazy.
    Doree Weller

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL - great list. Apparently I'm pretty unpopular. I like to think I'm going for enigmatic. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm generally not popular, even in real life!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have done most of the things on your list at one time or another. Maybe there are quite a few of us unpopular bloggers around.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I guess we all get into this at some point or the other

    ReplyDelete
  9. You crack me up! There we are, us conventional suckers, trying to get more followers by doing all the right things, and then there's you, going the complete opposite way and still be successful, good for you! 👍🏻

    ReplyDelete
  10. I’m definitely guilty of replying to comments only when I feel like it. *Hides from angry blog readers.*

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oops. I guess I never posted my reply. Two ways I've reduced followers is hosting Creative Tuesdays and then not getting it done a few times in a row! As it is, my blog has over 200 views usually but who knows if those are repeats of me or what. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was also going to note that though all this, you know for sure that those who follow you from one blog to the next are truly devoted fans! :) Like me, like Alex.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Visiting from A to Z. My blog has no social media accounts. Plus, I write about uncomfortable topics. I haven't tried moving around yet, but I have changed the name of the blog several times. Does that count?

    ReplyDelete

"To practice any art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow. So do it." -- Kurt Vonnegut

This blog is powered by Blogger, fairytales, sleeping princes, moon cakes, express trains, faraway friends, a lost memory, a princess dragon, cold weather, the color mint, friendly giants, and the rain. Thank you for visiting & have a lovely day.