April 12, 2017

April A-Z : Jeopardy!

Jeopardy!

Jeopardy! : a classic game show -- with a twist. The answers are given first, and the contestants supply the questions.
— Wikipedia

Can you guess which movie these quotes came from? Each question/answer starts with the letter J.

01/ Elizabeth Masterson: "We have an address, a dry cleaning ticket and a book of matches. Do you know what that means?"

David Abbott: "We could start a very small fire?"

02/ "You're gonna need a bigger boat."

03/ Mother: "Navin, it's your birthday, and it's time you knew. You're not our natural-born child."

Navin: "I'm not? You mean I'm gonna STAY this color?" 

04/ "John is a man of focus, commitment, sheer will, something you know very little about."

05/ "I don't have very much time these days so I'll make it quick. Like my life. You know, as we come to the end of this phase of our life, we find ourselves trying to remember the good times and trying to forget the bad times, and we find ourselves thinking about the future. We start to worry, thinking, "What am I gonna do? Where am I gonna be in ten years?" But I say to you, "Hey, look at me!" Please, don't worry so much. Because in the end, none of us have very long on this Earth. Life is fleeting. And if you're ever distressed, cast your eyes to the summer sky when the stars are strung across the velvety night. And when a shooting star streaks through the blackness, turning night into day... make a wish and think of me. Make your life spectacular. I know I did. I made it, Mom. I'm a grown up."

06/ "I have lived a full life here. I have not been trampled on. I have not been petrified. I have not been excluded from every glimpse that is bright. I have known you, Mr. Rochester and it strikes me with anguish to be torn from you."

07/ "Beware of the ground for which you stand / The floor is quicker than the sand."

08/ "A good agent doesn't need gadgets. The only gadgets I've ever needed are a sharp eye, sensitive hearing and a whole bunch of bigger brains."

09/ Dr. Ian Malcolm: "God creates dinosaurs. God destroys dinosaurs. God creates man. Man destroys God. Man creates dinosaurs."

Dr. Ellie Sattler: "Dinosaurs eat man. Woman inherits the earth."

10/ Joe: "I have less than six months to live. The Waponis believe they need a human sacrifice or their island is going to sink into the ocean. They have this mineral your father wants so he hired me to leap into their volcano."

Patricia: "What?"

Joe: "You're not going to make me say that again, are you?"

Click below for answers:


To visit other participants in the April A-Z Challenge, go here

7 comments:

  1. Clever approach to the challenge! I couldn't guess most of these, but then again I hadn't seen most of them either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great post. I only got one right but I have seen most of these. :/

    Melissa @ My Creatively Random Life

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know 2, 9, and 10. I blogged about Jeopardy last year for the challenge. Cool approach to it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh gosh, i am totally stumped, Lissa! Please provide answers soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. answers right there - click on the 'show or hide answers' button right below the last quote.

      have a lovely day.

      Delete
  5. Too hard for me! Looking at the answers I am relieved. I only know two movies out of ten!
    Clever idea. I love Jeopardy! I did a musical one for a post: https://thethreegerbers.blogspot.ch/2015/06/use-your-words-music-jeopardy.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, gosh I am silly. I coulnd't figure out what the "Taglines" were, not realising they were the answers...or questions, I guess. I don;t really watch jeoparady as I tend to have a hard time thinking in reverse like that. Lol.

    ReplyDelete

"To practice any art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow. So do it." -- Kurt Vonnegut

This blog is powered by Blogger, fairytales, sleeping princes, moon cakes, express trains, faraway friends, a lost memory, a princess dragon, cold weather, the color mint, friendly giants, and the rain. Thank you for visiting & have a lovely day.