"I am out with lanterns looking for myself." ― Emily Dickinson

hello  |   bookmarks  |   bloglovin  |   browse   |   home

January 5, 2017

Resolution Nots

'slept through 2016'
I've made a few 'almost-plans' over the years but I never make resolutions, at least, nothing that can't be change. This week's Top Ten Thursday is resolutions or wishes or plans for 2017 but as I said, I don't make resolutions but I will list things I might or might not do.

Things I will not do if I am so incline:

01/ I will not be rude to people even if they are rude to me - okay, this one is not hard to do but sometimes...

02/ I will not try to please other people unnecessarily - sometimes I do this without even knowing

03/ I will not seek happiness in buying books - alright, maybe once in a while because books are a necessity like water and air and those limited edition things that no one needs

04/ I will not do anything that will make my life difficult - this needs a little persuasion as I sometimes inexplicitly do things that I sort of agreed to and then sort of wanted to back out but sort of didn't (See #2)

05/ I will not pick fights with stupid people - well, actually I think this one is hard since certain people are so good at provoking you...

Things I will do if I feel like it:

06/ I will write/finish those novels even it they will take a couple of years...

07/ I will continue to draw, write and blog even if no one sees any of it and not necessary do them in order

08/ I will read books, watch tv shows and movies and pretty much be as lazy as possible - recreation is necessary, I don't care what people say

09/ I will accept failure - I'm pretty sure there will be a lot of unsuccessful tasks that I will do but I will try to accept that I can't always succeed

10/ I will say 'no' if I want to  - maybe that can't always be possible (See #2 & #4), I sort of have a tendency to do what other people wants me to do...

What resolutions or non-resolutions have you made this year?


9 comments:

  1. very good resolutions, well thought out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. a few of them didn't take much time to think up but most I guess I had about a week to think on them.

      thanks for your visit, have a lovely day.

      Delete
  2. That is a great list! You MUST do all of the red ones! If you only can take care of one blue item, try and make it #4, everything else will fall into place. Good luck, you can do this!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, I believe I will do all the red ones, that is, when I remember them.

      thanks for your visit, have a lovely day.

      Delete
  3. Those are great lists to live by. I have something similar. I have my Choose List. I choose kindness, I choose patience. I choose love, I choose self control. Life is choices isn't it. I like yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like choose, it's defintely way better and easier to make a list

      thanks for your visit, have a lovely day.

      Delete
  4. Great art for this post. Great list and I wish I hadn't sought happiness buying books. My house where I've lived since 1984 is so full of book the idea of sorting through them keeps my from being able to think about moving. They craziest part of my collection is expensive art books and I'm not an artist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that art piece is a redo as my computer crashed and I lost the first version.

      I definitely would go to your house and sort the books out for you, haha, strange, but I don't have that many art books...

      thanks for your visit, have a lovely day.

      Delete
  5. Love your list Lissa - I definitely need to do the last one more as I'm not very good at saying no to people and then I don't get time for me. Make sure you be kind to yourself this year.

    ReplyDelete

"To practice any art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow. So do it." -- Kurt Vonnegut