January 2, 2017

20 Days of Chill Writing Challenge

'more on the 20 Days of Chill over here'
I saw this writing challenge - 20 days of chill - at Tamara's blog and I decided to join in. Today's theme is Explain your blog.  Instead of writing long explanations, I made a list.

01/ There's really no need to explain my blog if I just say it's a personal blog which is true because I really did start blogging with a personal blog as I really did not have any themes or niche - nothing but a mix of little interests and some blog memes and challenges. In some sense, this blog and all my blogs before this, have always been a mix blog that is somewhat disguised as a personal blog.

02/ I have this introduction page here but it really doesn't say much only because I really have no idea what to say. I once had a second, longer introduction that is more of a blend of fact and fiction but only 2 or maybe 3 people read it. I thought it was quite fun but since most people have very short attention span, including myself, I stopped updating that version.

03/ Over the years, I've changed to new urls many, many times but the three main things that I've been posting are these: fiction, drawings & photography because posts needs photos. As of today, I have sort of stopped taking photos because I need the time for my writings and my artworks.

04/ Of course a personal blog needs varieties and so I often write short bursts about books I read, shows I have seen and movies I have viewed so that's another thing I post here plus the occasional rant about something unimportant, the occasional talk of something important - all the things that a personal blog should have except there is not much personal tidbits about me that is interesting enough to post.  
'so very true'
05/ December 1st was my blog, this blog's, 1st anniversary which is a big deal if you consider how much I moved around the blogosphere. But upon checking this, I realized this is not true. I had somehow switched urls midway and sort of forgot about it but I'm going to ignore it because it's just easier to think my switching urls never happened which if anyone ask, it didn't happen. Nope, it didn't happen.

06/ Not only did I have a habit of changing urls, I also have a habit of tempering with my blog template. Each new week or sometimes each new day or even hours in the same day, I would changed something to the template. I would add and subtract and changed the colors and the header but I have come to love a single column template with white background and also endless changing quotes that somewhat fits my mood for the moment. I can't have a sidebar because I would end up organizing and reorganizing it constantly because it's my habit to organize things especially on my blog.

07/ There goes my explanation of my blog which you can sum up to this : it's a blog with sometimes fictions, sometimes art, sometimes ramblings and sometimes everything and anything but mostly, it's just a blog.

If you would like to ask me questions about my blog or me, feel free to leave your questions in the comment.

Thank you for reading. To visit other bloggers participating in the 20 days of chill, go here.

17 comments:

  1. Hi there, nice to meet you and glad you are joining us here to "chill" out this January. It sounds like you dabble in variety like some of the rest of us. Variety keeps things fresh. I agree with you about the personal tidbits. That is what I have is tidbits, which may be totally hilarious, but can be told in 2-3 sentences.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. tidbits are good as not all of us is comfortable with sharing all the details, I certainly think it's better to share in small pieces.

      thanks for your visit, have a lovely day.

      Delete
  2. I am so bewildered. I have you on my bloglovin list but your posts haven't been coming up. I actually thought you'd moved sites maybe, or stopped writing! I really need a private blogroll.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, I did changed urls but I didn't set up a bloglovin link like I usually di, I sort of forgotten about that. sorry for the confusion.

      I have since set my old remaining blogs to redirect to this blog which I suppose is a better way to get readers to the new blogs.

      thanks for finding me again, have a lovely day.

      Delete
    2. p.s., I don't use bloglovin so I do not know much but I think you can add a blog to your bloglovin reading list without me having to add to my bloglovin account, I think...

      Delete
  3. change is good sometimes, I have to force myself to change. Happy New Year Lissa!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, it's hard to change but that does not mean we can't do it.

      have a lovely day.

      Delete
  4. I am looking forward to reading your blog and getting to know you. Here we go... the writing challenge is on! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too, I always find new blogs to read during these challenges

      have a lovely day.

      Delete
  5. Looking forward to reading your thoughts as we move through the Chill challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I, too, looking foward to reading your take on the challenge.

      have a lovely day.

      Delete
  6. Welcome to the challenge! It's always fun to have new people join up and see where they go. I hope you stick with us throughout the challenge! Sounds like you blog is like many who participate in this challenge -- a mix of many different things. I like personal blogs as I feel they give you a good perspective on the person.

    I notice you also said photographs. I also run a monthly photo blogging challenge that is a lot of fun and is nearing the fourth year. Info is on my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like to concentrate on my writing and artwork at the moment but I will check out your photo challenge.

      hope you have a lovely day.

      Delete
  7. Hey, not only did I contribute to your participating in this challenge, you also made a list. I'm so proud of you :-) and myself, too!
    Can't wait to read more of you this month! Happy Blogversary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. if I haven't come across your blog, I wouldn't even know about the challenge, so thank you.

      have a lovely day.

      Delete
  8. I still love seeing the screen captures of your old blogs and am so glad you kept a visual record of them for us to enjoy every now and then once more. Yes, I will keep following through all your various reiterations. There are only about 5 blogs I follow every time I get on and yours is one of them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do have some screen shots of my old blogs, not a lot but enough to see the many changes I've made to them.

      thanks for being such a faithful reader, have a lovely day.

      Delete

"To practice any art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow. So do it." -- Kurt Vonnegut

This blog is powered by Blogger, fairytales, sleeping princes, moon cakes, express trains, faraway friends, a lost memory, a princess dragon, cold weather, the color mint, friendly giants, and the rain. Thank you for visiting & have a lovely day.